Our benefit package is growing rapidly. The following are structured to the USPS MEMBER, and can only be obtained by a person with a current membership card. Below is an overview of benefits.
- Free Education
- Tax deduction on dues and some travel expenses
- GPS for Mariners
- Discounts on computer software and hardware
- Major boat insurance discounts
- Airline and car rental discounts
- Reduced membership dues with Boat US and all their programs
- Bank (1) One affinity credit card with reduced interest charges
- USPS Port Captains
- West Marine and Boat US discounts (and soon a $20.00 West Marine gift certificate)
- Liaison with governmental agencies
- Discounted rates with SEA TOW and Vessel Assist
- 40% discount for SOUNDINGS® Magazine
- The ENSIGN® Magazine (11 issues per year)
- Discounts with MapTech
- Discounts with Nobeltec
- 10% Discount with DELL Computers
- Infocus Projector Discount
- Make life time friends
For more information on each of these benefits go to our national web site. Benefits
To become a member of the US Power and Sail Squadrons it is recommended that you pass a proctored safety exam recognized by a state or national organization. We offer a "Boat Smart" . We do have the books, for sale at $30.They are an easy study, with questions at the end of the three sections. The Exam consist of 50 of the same questions, and can be completed in 30 minutes or less. We usually teach the course for 2 hours on 4 nights including the test, but home study is quiet possible.
If you are interested in getting started on the Boat Smart course you may e-mail or call me. After testing at a mutually agreeable location, we will be glad to welcome you into the
Louisville Squadron of the United States Power Squadron.